1 Timothy 3:8-10 (NIV)
In the same way, deacons are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.
Immanuel Temple’s Deacons have been chosen and ordained to be servant leaders in the church with the primary role of following and supporting the leadership of the pastor in the fulfillment of the church’s vision, goals and mission. Our deacons are ordained to assist the pastor in the care of the church members. They are responsible for preparing our church facility to run smoothly and efficiently.
The roles and responsibilities of a deacon involve a wide range of services that include the following:
- Assistance with church services and meetings
- Preparation and coordination of baptismal and communion services
- General over site of church property and facility maintenance
- Assists various ministries with their needs
- Visitation and assistance with the sick, poor, and of those in need
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like more information about our deacons, please contact our head deacon Bro. Cornel Taylor at Deacon@immanueltemplechurch.com or via our church office at 919-957-0032.