Amos 5:24 (NRSV)
But let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.
Each Seventh-day Adventist church is organized as a Religious Liberty Association, and every church member is a member of the association. The purpose of the Religious Liberty Department is to promote interest in maintaining religious freedom among the members. Other functions of the department include:
- Acting as liaison between the local church and the conference on religious liberty matters
- Maintaining awareness and keeping church members informed of local religious liberty issues and how they affect them
- Assisting the pastor in dealing with church members occupational and/or educational related Sabbath issues or concerns
- Attending local and state meetings (i.e. city council meetings) where religious liberty legislation is discussed
- Promoting religious liberty magazine subscriptions
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like more information about our Religious Liberty Department, please contact Keysha Bishop Dumesle by calling our church office at 919.973.1638 Please note church office hours under Contact Us.